Sunday 28 October 2007

season of mists...

A few autumn images I'm intending to use as inspiration: First a leaf from the sumac tree - such an amazing pinky-red (I feel a dyeing session coming on!)

and a picture of a spray from the same tree, showing the contrast with the underside of the leaves:


The effect of the dewy cobwebs onthe leaves fascinates me:

And I'm also fascinated by the colours and shapes in this plane-tree bark:


Couldn't resist the horse-chestnut:



And I love the light and general mistiness in this one:



And finally a close-up of a passion-flower which I couldn't resist, with its amazing shapes and patterns:


8 comments:

mzjohansen said...

Glorious photos and it reall IS a special time of year !

Barbara said...

yes its a wonderful season! I love the colours of autumn and there are many inspirations!

Anonymous said...

I love that sumac. I used one on an art quilt altar last year -- it's on my flickr page at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elcielostudio/388732459/in/set-72157594293748868

FARBTUPFER said...

Wonderful pictures! I also love the autuumn with its colours, but I love also the rainy, cold days, because then I have time to sew.

margaret said...

Sumac - is there a more gorgeous tree when it goes red? On Friday on the way to work I stood under a sumac and looked up through the glowing leaves to the blue, blue sky -- with half a moon still hanging there, framed by contrails. It was hard to tear away from this magic and get on with the ordinaryness of the workday.

Anonymous said...

wow- those sumac leaves are something! thanks for sharing all your fall inspiration!

Vivian said...

Wonderful photos, taken with an artist's eye!

Michele/TextileTraveler said...

Wow, your photos (and this one especially) are amazing!