Friday 5 October 2007

morning stroll

As I've mentioned elsewhere Nibs has been demanding I accompany him on his morning stroll round the neighbourhood, something I've come to enjoy - watching the day-by-day changes in the gardens as Autumn advances, chatting with neighbours and so on - a very small part of the day that puts me on track for the rest of it. Yesterday I decided to take the camera with me...


Don't know what this tree is called but it's going to get even more spectacular. It grows in an absolutely idyllic courtyard garden.

I'm fascinated by the patterning on these ivy leaves


and the gradual change in colour on my neighbour's flowering currant.


Pepper's enjoying the view too.

The last sprigs of lavender are still growing in my garden.

Bixy and Nibs are eager for their breakfasts...


whilst Django's still hiding from the dog that barked at him ten minutes ago...

and that's how my day starts, folks!

3 comments:

Barb said...

The tree that you weren't sure of is Sumac. My mother had another name for it--"Deer's Antler" or something like that, but a friend of mine who's a botanist says it's Sumac. I love the shapes it forms.

mzjohansen said...

...and just how could ANYONE possible think that cats are aloof?? I have taken walks with my felines for 30 years or more ...no not the same ones!! I think Nibs was taking you on a discovery walk !

Anonymous said...

How's that bluebell quilt coming along then Sandra? I'm rather curious. I trust the cats are doing well?